It seems like it happens quite a lot - we are in on a Sunday afternoon after Church and feeling like something sweet.... The hubs was after some cookies - we had all the ingredients except butter...with it being Sunday and all, I thought I would improvise...
I found a cookie recipe using oil instead of butter and gave it a go, they tasted great. So if you are ever stuck on a Sunday, give them a go (just don't count the calories...)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the oil, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Blend in the dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- ENJOY :)