In between the days at Disney, we decided we would be all cultured and that, and go to visit the Palace of Versaille and take in the sights of Paris. I haven't been to Versailles since I was pretty young so was excited for that. I have done the sights in Paris quite a few times before but it never gets old. Plus we added in some macarons and shopping - bonus!
|We learnt that Louis XIV was called the sun king because he wanted everything to revolve around him - you can see how highly he thought of himself in the palace, so elaborate and grand|
|Dodgey pic but the hall of mirrors|
|When in Rome.. It would be rude not to!|
|Lovely buildings in Versailles|
|Onto Paris. Max just causal in his pushchair|
|So many lovely parks in Paris to sit and chill|
|Outside the Louvre|
|Found this bridge by total accident, on our hour long walk to the Eiffel Tower! Serious trek - but I'd heard about this bridge before so pleased we did stumble across it|
|The cute place we stayed at - a little Marriot Village|
My Top Tips for visiting Paris:
- If you will be using a pushchair, don't go alone - the trains / metro in Paris are really not suitable for disabled or pushchair access. I was only able to do it with the hubs and his family to help lift it etc. If you are by yourself I would take taxi's everywhere as you can't guarantee anyone will help, unfortunately
- Make sure you have the right train ticket - we thought we had a return and we didn't so couldn't get out of the station and there are very few staff at the stations
- Take a map - a lot of it is walk-able but knowing where you are going helps, obvs!
- Don't try to visit The Louvre on a Tuesday, as we found out it is closed!
- Don't visit the Palace of Versailles on a Sunday - as we found out, it is the busiest day and was completely rammed. If you want to take your time to look around more / not get annoyed at people that just stop walking right in front of you, then visit on another day
- Have plenty of water / drinks with you - everywhere we looked it is over 4 euro for a small bottle of water or fizzy. Crazy
- If the weather is nice, wear things suitable. There is very little in the way of air-con in the restaurants, shops, metro etc
- Do try macaron's or nutella waffles or crepes - it would be rude not to, right?